Volcanic Caves [Entrance Included]
Ribeira Brava is the next stop on this journey. The town reflects the personality of the stream, from where it gets its name. Ribeira (river) Brava (wild). The mother church is its main point of interest. Build in the 16th Century it has undergone several alterations throughout time. It has a Flemish work of art and a valuable Manuel style baptism fountain. But its chandeliers are its main attraction. On the sea promenade the fort of São Bento is this town’s landmark .Here you can enjoy a cup of coffee
The tour then climbs 1.007mts (3.303 ft), passing through a forest to reach Encumeada pass which is your last stop on these Madeira West Tour. It is actually the islands most beautiful mountain pass. From the view point at the top, in good weather it is possible to view the North and South Coasts simultaneously. After leaving Encumeada pass, heading home, going down a scenic route through the pretty village of Serra de Água..
Sao Vicente Caves ( closed)
The Volcanic caves are located on the northern bank of the river that divides the town of Sao Vicente in two. Here it is possible to explore a little of Madeira’s geological past. A 700mts (2297 ft) long lava tunnel was blasted out by volcanic gases. Water slowly filters through the porous rock and formed clear cold rock pools and streams. The volcanism centre shows us the islands oldest formation which emerged about 5 million years ago. The caves tour ends at the volcanism centre where you learn lots of facts and figures about volcanoes. You will be transported in a shaking lift to the centre of the earth, were a 3d film shows you the volcanic eruption
Entrance at the Caves included in the Price
- Children from 0 to 8 years of age pay half price.
- Professional Tour spoken in Portuguese, English, French ,German or Spanish and Italian.
- Transport To and From your Hotel (Hotels in Caniço and Funchal) is Included in the Price.
- All Tours are done in small groups of 8 to 16 pax maximum
- We are NOT TIME SHARE
- Tours may be Cancelled Due to Weather Conditions or Events Beyond our Control.
- If Tours are Cancelled Full Refunded will be issued.
- We can Arrange tours for Small, Medium and Large Groups on request, Please Contact Us