Country Delight - Full Day 4x4 Excursions
The South East Tour starts with the pickup from your Hotel at 9h00 on Sundays. Garajau is Portuguese for tern and the village is named after the attractive black-headed seabirds. Garajau´s prominent landmark is the huge statue of Christ, which was erected in 1927. It is a replica of the Christ, in Rio de Janeiro and Lisbon. It offers fine views of Funchal and of passing cruises heading for the harbour.
Santo da Serra
The tour now continues in direction of Santo da Serra. Along an endless stretch of winding road a forest can be seen, and below local farmers grow fruit and vegetables. Santo da Serra is where the wealthiest residents of the island, particularly the rich British, built their weekend villas. One of the golf courses is located here, and it holds the PGA Tour of Madeira. A cobbled path leads up to the grounds of Quinta da Serra. A pink coloured mansion, once property of the Blandy family can be seen. The quinta is state owned
Machico´s bay was the first place where Zarco and Tristão Vaz Teixeira landed when Madeira was discovered. It has an uncommonly shaped valley, which looks as if a balcony overlookes the sea and the mountains, in a municipality with great abundance in water. The sugar cane crops and its mills activities made it become very important for Madeira’s economy until the 17th century. The eastern side of Machico bay is dominated by Pico do Facho a 320 mts (1050 ft) a high peak. It was named after the beacon (facho) that used to be lit here to warn residents of approaching pirates
- Children under 11 years of age pay half price.
- Professional Tour spoken in Portuguese, English, French ,German or Spanish and Italian.
- Transport To and From your Hotel (Hotels in Caniço and Funchal) is Included in the Price.
- All Tours are done in small groups of 8 to 16 pax maximum
- We are not Time Share
- Tours may be Cancelled Due to Weather Conditions or Events Beyond our Control.
- If Tours are Cancelled Full Refunded will be issued.
- We can Arrange tours for Small, Medium and Large Groups on request, Please Contact Us